Thursday, October 10, 2019

Celebrities who have publicly endorsed CBD

Many celebrities have also caught wind of the CBD boom. Mandy Moore announced on the red carpet before a Golden Globes event that she was experimenting with CBD for her feet. Dr. Sanjay Gupta voiced his interest in CBD on The Dr. Oz Show. Busy Philipps noted that she is a strong proponent of CBD and THC gummies. Tom Hanks even said:
“The first time I ever tried CBD was to help soothe my anxiety. I was fed up with taking various pills to try and make me ‘better’... It wasn’t how I wanted to live my life anymore. So I gave CBD oil a try. It was a huge relief for me to feel like myself, yet the edge was gone. A bonus to the whole thing was the relief from various aches and pains I have. Especially arthritis in my knees. It immediately alleviated 90 percent of my pain.”

Besides advocacy, other celebrities have funded research or even started their own CBD businesses. Whoopi Goldberg co-founded a CBD brand named Whoopi & Maya, which emphasizes using cannabidiol for menstrual cramps (for which there is precious little relief on the market). Montel Williams, who was diagnosed with MS in 1999, partnered with Cura Cannabis to launch his own CBD company called Lenitiv.
CBD is also known to alleviate symptoms from Parkinson’s disease, in which Michael J. Fox was diagnosed in 1991. His foundation, the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, has conducted significant research into helping Parkinson’s patients using marijuana and CBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment